It’s always suggested to transfer tokens to a new wallet that supports ERC20 tokens. MyEtherWallet (aka MEW) is an ERC20-compliant wallet and you can hold any ERC20 tokens there.
In this tutorial, I will cover how to transfer tokens from orderbook.io to MyEtherWallet. I used Hacken Token (HKN) as example and wrote this tutorial for newbies.
Step 1: You can skip this step if you already have a MyEtherWallet wallet.
To create wallet, please visit any of following links:
- Text tutorials: https://www.cryptocompare.com/wallets/guides/how-to-use-myetherwallet/
- Video tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phht73IvUDI
Step 2: Copy your Ethereum address from MyEtherWallet wallet
- Login to MyEtherWallet wallet
- Copy your Ethereum address (Account Address)
(NB. Don’t use the address in the picture above, use your own Ethereum address)
Step 3: Withdraw tokens from orderbook.io
1. Login to orderbook.io
2. Navigate to BALANCES tab and click on the Withdraw icon on the right of the token.
3. You will get two inputs fields. Type your Etherium address in the recipient field and the amount you want to withdraw in the amount field. Click on CONFIRM and you are done. Orderbook charged me 2 HKN fees for withdrawing HKN tokens. For different tokens, fees could be different.
5. You will receive a verification code through your email/phone. A pop-up will come for the final withdraw confirmation, you will have to type verification code as below and then click on CONFIRM.
Step 4: Load token to MyEtherWallet
1. Again, login to your MyEtherWallet
2. Click on Add Custom Tokens
3. Type your token’s contact address, symbol and decimals. And, then click on “Save” button as below. Following example is based on Hacken Token (HKN )
You can also follow this tutorial: https://myetherwallet.github.io/knowledge-base/send/adding-new-token-and-sending-custom-tokens.html
Finally, Click on Load Tokens. You will see your token balance. BTW, It might take some times to finish your transaction, so don’t be panic.. just wait.